While it's pretty clear that GM is n government owns 53% of Proton and is in negotiations with several suitors to sell some of that stake, government officials say. Forbes reports that the Malaysian's want the deal finished by March, so we shouldn't have too long to wait. That same article states, "The current bid involves a plan to take a small stake in Proton at the holding level, as well as a stake in its manufacturing arm, Proton said."
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies