Kia has pulled back the curtain on its sportiest offerings to date at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. The Cee'd GT and Pro_cee'd GT benefit from a direct-injection, turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine good for 204 horsepower and 195 pound-feet of torque. Those numbers are up 51 percent and 61 percent over the models' base engine, respectively. A six-speed manual transmission puts power to the front wheels, and Kia says the hatches can spring to 60 mph in 7.7 seconds. Top speed for both sits
Kia has been releasing a lot of new models lately, showcasing improvements in both design and luxury, but a pair of introductions at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show could bring the automaker into the performance mindset. The five-door Kia Cee'd and three-door Pro_cee'd will be getting new GT trim levels that bring a little more horsepower and sportier styling to the compact hatchbacks.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX