The French postal service (La Poste) has just released a public announcement saying they intend to buy 300 EVs for postal delivery. The amount could be increased to 3000 by the end of 2012. The public announcement not only includes the purchase of the EVs but also the maintenance contracts.
The Spanish Postal Service (Correos) has started a pilot plan to use EVs to deliver post in old historical city centers. Until now, the company used Vespas and human power (see picture). Now Correos is buying five electric vans and nine electric scooters (our source didn't mention which models).
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies