Sixty years ago, New York City businessman Max Hoffman began selling a diminutive German sports car with an air-cooled four-cylinder boxer engine hanging off the rear axle. Today, Porsche is one of the most highly respected performance brands in the world.
Over on the Jalopy Journal's HAMB (that's Hokey-Ass Message Board, BTW) you can usually find tales of barn finds, re-purchased first cars and from-the-verge-of-death restoration projects. But every now and then there's a heartbreaking account of a car just too far gone for Bondo. If we're lucky, there's pictures.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies