Sixty years ago, New York City businessman Max Hoffman began selling a diminutive German sports car with an air-cooled four-cylinder boxer engine hanging off the rear axle. Today, Porsche is one of the most highly respected performance brands in the world.
Over on the Jalopy Journal's HAMB (that's Hokey-Ass Message Board, BTW) you can usually find tales of barn finds, re-purchased first cars and from-the-verge-of-death restoration projects. But every now and then there's a heartbreaking account of a car just too far gone for Bondo. If we're lucky, there's pictures.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX