In two years a phoenix Porsche will rise from the ashes rubble of the former Ford Taurus plant. A plot of land in Hapeville, Georgia near the Atlanta airport was once the site where Taurus sedans and their Mercury Sable twins were made until 2006. Torn down in 2008, the land was cleansed and purchased by Porsche as the site of its new headquarters/destination/brand jewel. The Stuttgart marque has chosen architectural firm HOK – who did Yankee and Wembley Stadiums and the National Air and S
The North American headquarters for Porsche has been in an Atlanta suburb for years, but a report by the Atlanta Journal Constitution suggests that's about to change. Unnamed sources claim that the German automaker is planning to announce that it will build a new headquarters on the site of the former Ford Taurus plant, just outside the Hartsfield-Atlanta International Airport.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX