If you're looking for an automotive investment and have a few hundred thousand dollars to burn, then you might want to look away from Ferrari and towards Porsche. The 1973 Porsche Carrera 2.7 RS is the highest appreciating car of the last 10 years, at least in the UK. The value of these homologation specials is up 669 percent in just the last decade.
Porsche 911 Carrera Rs
Today, one of the most exciting track toys available is the Porsche 911 GT3. Its forbearer, though, was an altogether different beast that was every bit as exciting. Yes, we're talking about the old 911 Carrera RS that blessed the early 1970s. With a mere 1,580 cars built, meant specifically to satisfy the FIA's homologation requirements, the RS is one rare pre-Malaise era cars.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX