If you're looking for the ultimate example of life imitating art imitating life, look no further than the Nissan/Playstation GT Academy. The program pits thousands upon thousands of gamers playing Gran Turismo 5 against each other in a fight over a spot on Nissan's actual racing team. Now that competition is jumping onto television screens as a reality program.
Lucas Ordonez is a 25-year-old Spaniard who began competing in Nissan and Playstation's GT Academy when it first got started back in 2008. Of the initial 25,000 participants, Lucas weeded himself out as the quickest and was given the chance to take his skills from Gran Turismo to a real race track. Three years on, Lucas is preparing himself to take on a full LeMans Cup schedule in 2011.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX