As recently as January we reported on plasma vaporisation technology capable of turning organic waste material into hydrogen and carbon monoxide, a mixture called synthesis gas, or syn-gas, that can be used as a fuel or as a valuable feedstock in further chemical processes. The company in question then was U.S. based Integrated Environmental Technologies.
- Mike Magda
- Sep 2, 2006
The topic of plasma combustion has peeked above the clouds a few times in recent memory but still not much is known about its future in real-world automotive engines. Now a team at Los Alamos National Laboratory says the technology is poised to enter the marketplace.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models