Attacking oil tankers isn't the lucrative scheme it once was for West African pirates.
It was bad enough when Somali pirates decided to hijack an American ship, but now they've gone too far. The scallywags have now gone after a boatload of cars – Hyundais and Kias to be specific. On New Year's Day, a group of Somali pirates hijacked the Asian Glory, which was bound for Saudi Arabia with 2,388 Kia and Hyundai vehicles aboard.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!