Yesterday, we explained a few of the most basic elements in-flight slang. That piece focused on communications regarding flight status, including the meaning of angels, cherubs and balls.
Pilots are a strange bunch. Whether they're flying fighters, bombers, refuellers, cargo planes or something else altogether, military pilots are unified by a common language that varies from obvious to utterly obscure. While we could write dozens and dozens of posts breaking down this sometimes strange, sometimes humorous language, today, we'll be covering basic flight communications slang, and we'll get on the combat stuff tomorrow.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!