Yesterday, we explained a few of the most basic elements in-flight slang. That piece focused on communications regarding flight status, including the meaning of angels, cherubs and balls.
Pilots are a strange bunch. Whether they're flying fighters, bombers, refuellers, cargo planes or something else altogether, military pilots are unified by a common language that varies from obvious to utterly obscure. While we could write dozens and dozens of posts breaking down this sometimes strange, sometimes humorous language, today, we'll be covering basic flight communications slang, and we'll get on the combat stuff tomorrow.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX