Yesterday, we explained a few of the most basic elements in-flight slang. That piece focused on communications regarding flight status, including the meaning of angels, cherubs and balls.
- Brandon Turkus
- Sep 3, 2014
Pilots are a strange bunch. Whether they're flying fighters, bombers, refuellers, cargo planes or something else altogether, military pilots are unified by a common language that varies from obvious to utterly obscure. While we could write dozens and dozens of posts breaking down this sometimes strange, sometimes humorous language, today, we'll be covering basic flight communications slang, and we'll get on the combat stuff tomorrow.
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- How dealers are price-gouging Dodge Demon
- New Car Buying Guides
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Mercedes X-Class pickup truck revealed
- Find and compare 2017 Models