The mind behind the look of much of the modern Ford global range is retiring. Martin Smith, Head of Ford Design in Europe, will give up his position on July 1 and will leave the company altogether at the end of the year. He will be replaced by current Strategic Concepts Group leader Joel Piaskowski (pictured above).
Hyundai's designs have come a long way over the past few years, and much of the credit is due to the company's chief designer, Joel Piaskowski (above, front). But while the Korean automaker was reportedly shocked when its accomplished stylist resigned last month, the automotive community wondered what was in store next for the young talent. Car Design News now appears to have answered that question, indicating that Piaskowski is headed to California to lead Mercedes-Benz Advanced Design.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX