Last year, Volkswagen China began its People's Car Project, which gathered crowdsourced concepts for future VWs. Among the three concepts chosen from the submissions – the Music Car, a Beetle wrapped in LEDs that change colors to match the driver's choice of music; the Smart Key that can track the status of your car; and a a zero-emissions, two-seat Hover Car – it was the latter that earned a four-minute video showcasing its imagined technology.
Peoples Car Project
We've shown you autonomous cars, like the self-driving system Cadillac says could be on the road in a few years. We've also brought you flying cars, like the Terrafugia Transition. Now Volkswagen looks to combine the two with a hovercraft concept, featuring an auto-drive mode.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX