Generating electricity through energy sources other than coal and nuclear is being debated in legislatures and board rooms around the world. In addition to natural gas, wind, solar and geothermal, there's one zero-emission energy source that we really don't hear much about: prisoner power. But it's real.
If you've ever done a trip in a motor-home, you know how thirsty they are, and these days that can make for a really expensive journey. A gentleman from Portland, Oregon has built a pedal powered RV. Brian claims to have ridden his RV all over America and Mexico. It's not quite as luxurious as some of the massive machines you find in the paddock of Formula 1 races, but it doesn't consume any fossil fuels and the only CO2 emissions come from the pedaler. You can find out more and see more photos
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX