A 1928 Mercedes-Benz 680S Saoutchik Torpedo has taken the 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Best of Show. Owned by Paul & Judy Andrews of White Settlement, Texas, the low-windshield 680S spent 30 years in storage before receiving a total restoration. This particular car bowed under the lights of the New York Auto Show in 1928 and was subsequently sold to Frederick Henry Bedford. A supercharged 6.8-liter engine good for somewhere between 200 and 300 horsepower sits snugged between those a
Pebble Beach Best Of Show
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!