San Francisco is leading the way in reducing taxi greenhouse gas emissions, and part of the movement was spearheaded not by a politician, but by a taxi driver. Thirteen years ago, Paul Gillespie was the first cabbie to occupy the seat allocated to a driver in the newly formed 7-person San Francisco Taxi Commission. At the commission's very first meeting, Gillespie, who has been concerned about the environment since high school, recommended that clean taxis be placed on the agenda.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
Paul Gillespie Questions
There are no questions about this topic.Be the first to ask!