Police in Dubai have been cracking down on illegal racing by seizing modified vehicles, but they probably didn't expect to find themselves in pursuit of a full-size SUV supposedly capable of speeds of more than 200 miles per hour. The driver had altered his Nissan Patrol to allow it to run on "jet fuel", according to the report, and he put it all to the test when he tried running from the cops.
While police departments lament the passing of the Ford Crown Victoria as their police interceptor of choice, they can at least take heart that Ford's replacements, new police cars based on the Ford Taurus and Explorer, have been validated by the Michigan State Police, one of two key validators for police departments nationwide. The new police cars replace the Crown Vic and Mercury Marquis, which went out of production earlier this month. Ford discontinued the vehicles because of toughening eco
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX