Car and Driver is reporting that Mini has confirmed the three-door version of the Countryman will debut at the September Paris Motor Show. Rechristened "Countryman Coupe," the production version of Mini's 2011 Detroit Auto Show Paceman Concept will go on sale early next year as a late-arrival 2013 model.
It's pretty obvious that automakers' definition of the word 'coupe' these days is a far cry from the traditional meaning. (We do live in the world of the "four-door coupe," after all.) That said, Car and Driver reports that Mini will call the company's two-door Paceman Concept the Countryman Coupe once it hits production.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX