The 2013, 90th anniversary edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans has begun, tragedy marking the opening laps with the death of Allan Simonsen. We're at the track now as a guest of Audi and plan to stay through the evening, and even we haven't been able to find out what caused the accident – the only video is from just after the incident, and beyond the statement from ACO there's been no more news. The Aston Martin in the LM GTE Am class and its all-Danish drivers had taken pole in its class a
If you were confused when we chose the 2013 SRT Viper GTS-R ALMS race car as the second-best debut (behind the 2013 SRT Viper production car itself) at the 2012 New York Auto Show, then maybe you're not familiar with the Viper's racing pedigree. Fortunately, the American Le Mans Series has produced this excellent mini documentary that helps explain why the Viper's return to racing is a very big deal.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX