As easy as recharging an electric car is, we admit it's not hassle free - and we're not even talking about those somewhat annoying wires that will be alleviated when wireless charging gets more common. No, the issue at hand is the variety of charging station company networks and the need, in some cases, to have prepaid accounts or subscriptions to refuel your car. Not the end of the world, we grant you, but still a feature that could be improved upon. Enter Pay With Plugshare.
Open Charge Point Protocol
You don't need a membership to fill your fossil-fuel-powered car at a gas station, so it is kind of odd that you need to belong to a particular club to juice up at some EV charging stations. The Open Charge Alliance (OCA) went public today with the message that plug-in vehicle drivers deserve better.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX