Ever look at a concept car from a foreign auto marque like Opel and wonder what relevance it will have to you as an American consumer? Well, we'll tell you: at least as far as the Opel Monza concept goes, it could mean a lot.
Opel Monza Concept
Opel has a handful of debuts hitting the stage at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show, but the most significant is the sleek Monza Concept. Reviving the Monza name, Opel says this concept will inspire future models for the brand, but between the styling, technology and powertrain, it isn't clear which of these will make it to production. We're hoping for all of the above.
Opel has done a lot to revitalize itself over the past few years, developing a solid product portfolio with hatchbacks, sedans, wagons, minivans and crossovers. What it's missing, though, is a sports coupe – because, let's face it, the Cascada cabrio hardly fits the bill.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX