It seems that every news report that involves the name "Opel" is eventually followed by a report that says, "Uh, never mind." Executives fill positions, then they're gone, or they're supposed to fill positions but duck out before doing so, five-year product offensives turn into grabbing for life preservers, and turnaround plans are followed by... new turnaround plans. With the recent departure of Opel CEO Karl-Friedrich Stracke, Swedish newspaper Dagens Industri reported that Volvo CEO Stefan Ja
If Opel makes it out of the General Motors era alive, its dealers want a bigger say in its recovery as an independent automaker. And by a bigger say, they mean taking a 20% stake in the company – and along with it, a new CEO. One of the candidates being touted as a potential new chief executive for a resurgent, independent Opel is none other than Bernd Pischetsrieder.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX