According to The Daily Caller, a politically conservative news site (via The Detroit News), the United Auto Workers union is helping to organize a group called The 99% Spring, which describes itself as an offshoot of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
Occupy Wall Street
The modern union movement was kick-started 75 years ago at a General Motors factory in Flint, MI. The workers staged a sit-down protest that eventually led to the formation of the first auto union contract. The United Auto Workers and President Bob King (middle) are looking to celebrate that big anniversary by, of course, hitting the streets in protest.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX