The Formula Sun Grand Prix is not the type of race fans are accustomed to seeing at the Circuit of the Americas Formula 1 racetrack in Austin, Texas. Unlike Formula 1 cars, which can travel in excess of 200 miles per hour, the solar powered vehicles that compete in Formula Sun rarely exceed a quarter of that speed.
North American Solar Challenge
The 2012 American Solar Challenge just finished with a familiar winner: the University of Michigan Solar Car Team. (We featured this impressive student group on TRANSLOGIC 99.) Along with claiming a 4th consecutive national championship--and 7th title overall--the U-M team also broke the national record for the 8-day endurance race. Of course, that record was already set by the "maize and blue" in 2008.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX