The little black cab is to London what the yellow Ford Crown Victoria has been up to New York City. With the departure of Ford's Panther platform, Nissan has stepped in with its all-new NV200, which will soon be spreading like kudzu over NYC streets. It seems that London may also share the Big Apple's fate in adopting Nissan's new minivan as its taxi of choice.
Nissan found out what full-size cargo van buyers wanted in a van, then created the NV to satisfy their requests. It's one thing to get a consumer to tell you what he wants, however, and another to get him to actually buy what you make for him. That's the issue Nissan faces. Dealers are sitting on a 205-day inventory of NVs as of the end of September.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX