Nissan has created a new system to help reduce the likelihood of pedal misapplication. Called the Emergency Assist for Pedal Misapplication with Carpark Detection Function (catchy, huh?), the technology uses a version of the company's ingenious Around View monitor to detect if the vehicle is in a parking space. If so and there are solid object such as other vehicles or walls near by, the vehicle's cameras will automatically control acceleration and apply the brakes to prevent a collision if inap
The Japanese Transport Ministry says that Nissan Motor Co. will recall over 144,000 of its 2002-2005 Elgrand minivans and more than 11,000 2002-2004 March minicars. The Elgrands seem to have a problem with brake parts that causes braking distances to be longer, while the March minicar is having problems with its electric switch system that might cause backup lights to operate improperly.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX