Seeking Porsche's Purest Sports Car
It's not official – yet – but Car and Driver caught Porsche executives discussing a new addition to the lineup. Rumor has it that the German automaker is looking to add a mid-engined supercar to the family, slotting above the 911 range, but below the upcoming 918. This new model will be Porsche's answer to the Ferrari 458 Italia.
It doesn't seem that long ago that Porsche was a two-car company. But since then, the German automaker has come out with the Cayenne and the Panamera, taking it into new territory – for better or worse. Now that it's part of the Volkswagen Group, sources expect Porsche to begin expanding its lineup even more, and British rag Autocar has what they're calling a comprehensive outline for seven new models in the works at Stuttgart that will arrive over the course of the next four years.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX