While the European press reports that VW honcho Martin Winterkorn has iced plans to sell the Golf Mk VI in the United States, a rep for the automaker's American division has responded to the contrary. Volkswagen of America spokesman Steve Keyes told Inside Line that plans to introduce the 6th-generation Golf and GTI in the U.S. continue apace, with a Stateside introduction scheduled for next fall. Keyes also told IL that the new Golf's sales volumes have been factored into VWoA's '09 financials.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX