One of the interesting tidbits revealed by President Obama during Monday's press conference on the auto industry was the announcement of a tax deduction for sales tax on new vehicle purchases. Later in the day, the Internal Revenue Service made the money saving incentive official and fleshed out some of the finer points.
New Car Tax Break
When automakers are throwing thousands of dollars of incentives on the hoods of their wares in an effort to stimulate sales, what good would another $1,500 on a $25,000 car do? As the recent sales numbers show, buyers aren't being taken in by the constant sounding of the "SELL SELL SELL!" klaxon. Great deals on new cars are out there to be had, if only anyone had some money.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX