One of the interesting tidbits revealed by President Obama during Monday's press conference on the auto industry was the announcement of a tax deduction for sales tax on new vehicle purchases. Later in the day, the Internal Revenue Service made the money saving incentive official and fleshed out some of the finer points.
New Car Tax Break
When automakers are throwing thousands of dollars of incentives on the hoods of their wares in an effort to stimulate sales, what good would another $1,500 on a $25,000 car do? As the recent sales numbers show, buyers aren't being taken in by the constant sounding of the "SELL SELL SELL!" klaxon. Great deals on new cars are out there to be had, if only anyone had some money.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!