One of the interesting tidbits revealed by President Obama during Monday's press conference on the auto industry was the announcement of a tax deduction for sales tax on new vehicle purchases. Later in the day, the Internal Revenue Service made the money saving incentive official and fleshed out some of the finer points.
New Car Tax Break
- Dan Roth
- Nov 12, 2008
When automakers are throwing thousands of dollars of incentives on the hoods of their wares in an effort to stimulate sales, what good would another $1,500 on a $25,000 car do? As the recent sales numbers show, buyers aren't being taken in by the constant sounding of the "SELL SELL SELL!" klaxon. Great deals on new cars are out there to be had, if only anyone had some money.
- VW Atlas ticks all the boxes, but I just can't care
- 2018 Rolls-Royce Phantom revealed
- New Car Buying Guides
- Bollinger Motors' B1 electric sport utility truck
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Find and compare 2017 Models