According to Fox News, NASCAR has handed down an indefinite ban from all series events and a $2,500 fine to Kelly Heaphy, girlfriend of Camping World Truck Series driver Mike Skeen. Heaphy open-hand slapped her boyfriend's rival, Max Papis, after Sunday's race.
More than a few NASCAR fans will own up to the fact that the on-track altercations are a big draw for the series; rubbin', son, is racin' and all of that. But it's still an event out of the ordinary weekend when that kind of aggression turns into shenanigans outside of the racecars. And it's more extraordinary still when drivers' loved ones get into the mix.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX