NASCAR officials handed out a stack of fines and penalties following Sunday's race in Phoenix. Jeff Gordon suffered the brunt of that wrath with a $100,000 fine and the loss of 25 points in the Sprint Cup Championship for his involvement in a crash that doused Clint Bowyer's chances of taking a points lead. Gordon was also put on probation through the end of the year.
The NASCAR Sprint Cup always gets a little more exciting this time of year as it prepares to name its champion at the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, but racers Jeff Gordon and Clint Bowyer made sure there was a little extra action at the penultimate race over the weekend in Phoenix. Looking like a mix of a demolition derby and a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) brawl, Gordon and Bowyer traded paint a few times during the race before members of their pits crews traded blows.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX