With Sacha Baron Cohen's latest movie, The Dictator, raking in box office millions, our friends at Hagerty Insurance have compiled a list of the Top 10 Dictator Car Guys. While we're familiar with the automotive fancies of some foreign rulers – like Kim Jong-Il, whose funeral was something of a classic car parade – this list digs deep into the annals of totalitarianism.
Muammar Gaddafi has been running the show in Libya for the last 42 years. During that time, he's also been behind the investment maneuvers of the Libyan Arab Foreign Bank. In 1976, he reportedly instructed that $415 million be used to buy a stake in Fiat. Over time, that investment has turned into a 14 percent ownership stake in the Italian automaker.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX