San Franciscans and neighboring Bay Area residents should be breathing a little easier these days. The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC), the Bay Area Air Quality Management District and the local transit systems are nearly finished retrofitting over 1,700 diesel buses with exhaust filters.
Politicians are often criticized for promoting short-term solutions and forgetting about long-term gains. Today we read in Inside Bay Area about a California Assemblyman, Joe Nation, who is calling for a 25-cent tax increase on each gallon of gasoline to snap people into considering alternatives to driving. Nation is not alone in considering dramatic tactics to reduce the number of cars on the California roads. The Bay Area's Metropolitan Transportation Commission will increase wait times at cas
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies