Motor Trend has been around since 1949, and during that time it has handed out a fair share of awards to various automakers and vehicle models. More recently, the print publication has gone online by way of its web site, Youtube page and various social media networks. One network in particular has stuck a chord with the buff book and it's choosing to leverage the power of Facebook to announce the winner of its 2011 Sport/Utility Vehicle of the Year award.
Motor Trend Suoty
In what must have been a tough decision, Motor Trend has chosen Mazda's 2008 CX-9 as their SUV of the Year. The Associated Press quotes the magazine's editor-in-chief, Angus MacKenzie, as saying the CX-9 is "arguably the most enjoyable sport utility to drive, and a great reminder that SUVs can be as exciting as any car."
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies