Oh how we love the Jeep CJ-8. Of all the classic CJ's, the "Scrambler" was one of the coolest. It was certainly one of the shortest-lived, with less than 30,000 produced during the five years between 1981-86. So we probably don't need to explain why we love the "Red Jacket Edition" Jeep Wrangler that recently showed up on Jay Leno's Garage.
Mopar Jk 8 Truck Kit
Jeep fans have long clamored for a Wrangler with a pickup bed (ever since the CJ-8 Scrambler, that is), and Mopar appears to have come through with the introduction of the JK-8 Pickup conversion kit. The kit comes in one of two flavors; a show car spec that needs plenty of welding and a high degree of technical acumen and a bolt-on kit for the weekend warrior.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX