After nipping the old Champ Car track record on Friday, Toyota F1's Ricardo Zonta well and truly demolished it Saturday and Sunday, finishing the weekend with a best time of 1:06.309 Sunday morning.
- Stuart Waterman
- Aug 16, 2006
As the presenting sponsor of this year's Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races, Toyota Motor is going all out to bring its motorsports efforts in front of U.S. fans, with the centerpiece of its involvement demonstration runs and paddock displays featuring this year's TF106 Formula 1 car. (Although Toyota isn't talking about it, fans expect the car to set a new lap record for Laguna Seca. Could be challenging on the notoriously dusty track - we'll have to wait and see.)
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX