After nipping the old Champ Car track record on Friday, Toyota F1's Ricardo Zonta well and truly demolished it Saturday and Sunday, finishing the weekend with a best time of 1:06.309 Sunday morning.
As the presenting sponsor of this year's Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races, Toyota Motor is going all out to bring its motorsports efforts in front of U.S. fans, with the centerpiece of its involvement demonstration runs and paddock displays featuring this year's TF106 Formula 1 car. (Although Toyota isn't talking about it, fans expect the car to set a new lap record for Laguna Seca. Could be challenging on the notoriously dusty track - we'll have to wait and see.)
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino