Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, six-car Monorail! two-wheeled MonoTracer! And now, the Swiss X-Prize-winner has gone from unobtainable prototype to purchasable production machine. Dubbed the Peraves MonoTracer MTE-150, the Kevlar monocoque cabin cycle has had its drivetrain updated with AC Propulsion's new 3rd generation 150 kW (200 horsepower) system and its interior refined. It's all enough to make fans of high efficiency and high performance break i
Thanks to the Automotive X-Prize, the Monotracer E has been getting a lot of attention. And rightly so. The X-Tracer team won the Alternative Tandem category with a vehicle very similar to the Monotracer E. As the winner of an X-Prize, the team was invited to the SEMA show in Las Vegas and rather than trailer their two-wheeled champ to Sin City, they actually drove it round-trip. 625 miles later, the team claimed to only consume a paltry $5 worth of electricity.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino