Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, six-car Monorail! two-wheeled MonoTracer! And now, the Swiss X-Prize-winner has gone from unobtainable prototype to purchasable production machine. Dubbed the Peraves MonoTracer MTE-150, the Kevlar monocoque cabin cycle has had its drivetrain updated with AC Propulsion's new 3rd generation 150 kW (200 horsepower) system and its interior refined. It's all enough to make fans of high efficiency and high performance break i
Thanks to the Automotive X-Prize, the Monotracer E has been getting a lot of attention. And rightly so. The X-Tracer team won the Alternative Tandem category with a vehicle very similar to the Monotracer E. As the winner of an X-Prize, the team was invited to the SEMA show in Las Vegas and rather than trailer their two-wheeled champ to Sin City, they actually drove it round-trip. 625 miles later, the team claimed to only consume a paltry $5 worth of electricity.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!