Well, call us Ishmael. Long ago (okay, about eight months), Audi debuted an ad during the NFL playoffs called "Ahab." It showed a salty tow truck driver and his years of catches. During that time, one particular car eluded and haunted him - a white Audi A6, whose Quattro all-wheel-drive system had no issues with the inclement conditions.
The year was 1978, and Norbert Singer was tasked with building the ultimate Group 5 Porsche 935. His sole objective was to deliver a win at Le Mans. Singer went immediately to work and pushed the FIA's rules to deliver a lower, wider and more aerodynamic 935 than anyone expected. With a white body and a characteristic long swooping tail, it was dubbed "Moby Dick," after Herman Melville's great white whale.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX