BMW has announced it will invest around $386.9 million in its United Kingdom operations. The cash will be divvied up amongst its Oxford manufacturing facility, Swindon steel body pressing plant and its Birmingham engine facility, all in order to help Mini keep pace with a new global growth strategy. BMW says the investment will allow Mini to maintain larger production volumes while simultaneously rolling out up to 10 new models in the near future. While that figure likely includes models like th
The two millionth Mini has rolled off the line in Oxford, UK, a feat which took around ten years and sent Minis to 90-plus countries across the globe. According to Mini, if placed bumper-to-bumper, two million Minis would stretch 4,627 miles. Of course, two million Ford F-150s would stretch, um, further.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies