An all new MINI Mk2 racecar is reported to be under development by BMW for a new one-design racing series to start in 2008. 4Car reports that the new racer will be "more extreme" than the racing versions of the current MINI Cooper S, and built strictly for racing.
Scribes on the European side of the Atlantic were pounding the keyboards Thursday, eager to report on their test drives of a prototype of the MINI Mk2. The barely-disguised test car was wrung out by journalists at the ex-Formula 1 racetrack at Zandvoort in Holland, and first reports are encouraging, with phrases like "polish and precision," "greater civility," and "very quick" sprinkled through Autocar's test drive report.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX