With the next-gen Mini Cooper hardtop set for its big debut next week at the LA Auto Show, we're getting a good look at what will be coming next for the BMW brand. Mini will follow up the introduction of the Mini Cooper with the new convertible model, but our spy shooters have proof that a plus-sized model (rumored to be called Traveller or Spacebox) is coming along quite well.
Mini Cooper Cabrio
When we first drove the Mini Roadster barely a month ago, we couldn't help but feel that it had, essentially, usurped the place that had until now been taken by the Mini Convertible. The Roadster is, after all, sleeker, more stylish, that much more fun and – for some reason – even a little cheaper ($600 lower MSRP) than the four-seat cabriolet. But does that leave the Convertible without a place in the brand's ever-expanding lineup?
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX