Shortly after the Army National Guard halted sponsorship of Stewart-Haas Racing, which fields teams for Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman, the U.S. House of Representatives voted to allow the military to continue using funds to advertise in sports, including NASCAR.
Minnesota Congresswoman Betty McCollum is a Democrat looking at areas where the budget can be cut. Her current target is military spending. More specifically, she is focused on banning the military from spending money advertising in NASCAR. She introduced a measure to this effect, and it was shot down by a vote of 241-148.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX