With the 2014 Mazda6 being built in Japan, Ford is filling the production capacity at its Flat Rock Assembly plant (previously known as AutoAlliance International) with the 2013 Ford Fusion. The new Fusion goes on sale this fall, and while early versions of the car will continue to be made in Hermosillo, Mexico, production will switch to the Flat Rock, Mich. plant early next year.
General Motors may have sold off Saab to Spyker for $74 million and a 50 gallon bucket of Swedish meatballs, but it appears the "Born From Jets" automaker isn't saying goodbye to Michigan altogether. The Detroit News is reporting that Saab has chosen small but trendy Royal Oak, MI as the location for the company's North American headquarters. The move makes sense given the fact that Michigan has oodles of engineering talent and many of the world's automakers and suppliers have a presence in the
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX