Carbon footprint: the negative impact that something (as a person or business) has on the environment; specifically: the amount of carbon emitted by something during a given period.
The new edition of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary has about 100 new words, including mouse potato, drama queen and – ta da! – biodiesel. The AP's story about the new words mentions biodiesel as an entry that should hearten environmentalists and alternative energy. In case you were not sure, biodiesel is a fuel made partly with vegetable sources. A spokeswoman for the National Biodiesel Board told the AP that the entry, "Symbolizes to me that biodiesel is becoming a household
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies