The March 11 earthquake and resultant tsunami in Japan rocked the country's automotive supply chain, leaving many suppliers with damaged factories and unreliable power. One nearly immediate impact was that automakers like Ford, Toyota and Chrysler could no longer offer colors like red or black.
- Scott Davis
- Jan 23, 2007
Ford has a full-time staff that is tasked to pursue the manufacturers and resellers of these parts, but admits that legal action is very difficult to enforce outside of the US and Mexico. Other companies included in the survey included Merck & Co., New Balance, Xerox Corp, and Bendix, all of who experience similar issues with counterfeiting.
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- How dealers are price-gouging Dodge Demon
- New Car Buying Guides
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Mercedes X-Class pickup truck revealed
- Find and compare 2017 Models