Jay Leno gets behind the wheel of his 1913 Mercer Raceabout and shows just what it takes to start one of these Brass Era beauties.
The history books are filled with defunct American automakers, from Duesenberg and Studebaker to Plymouth and Pontiac. But few of them are as missed by vintage automobile enthusiasts as Mercer. The company only operated between 1909 and 1925, but in that short span of time it produced one of the earliest, most successful racing machines: the legendary Type 35R Raceabout.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!