Reuters reports that Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche (pictured) isn't quite ready to hand over the keys to the Mercedes-Benz kingdom. Zetsche currently serves as the head of both Daimler and Mercedes-Benz, and investors had hoped that the CEO would begin grooming his second in command, Wolfgang Bernhard, to take over at the German automaker. That doesn't look to be happening any time soon, however, even though Zetsche's contract runs out at the end of 2013. According to the report, the CEO maintains
Mercedes Benz Ceo
There's no question that Wolfgang Bernhard is well liked by the boys at Daimler. In fact, rumor has it that he's currently being groomed (for the second time, actually) to take the reins at Daimler's Mercedes-Benz automotive unit. If you believe the rumors, the only real question is when Bernhard will take over from current head Dieter Zetsche.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX