Most of the cars created exclusively for the Gran Turismo video game franchise never make the jump from cyberspace to the real world. The X1 and new X2014 designed by Red Bull's Adrian Newey could scarcely be piloted in real life, and while PSA talked about making a limited run of the otherworldly GTbyCitroën, that never came to be. But the Mercedes AMG Vision Gran Turismo could get such a chance – just not from Mercedes-Benz itself.
Mercedes Sls Amg Gt
There are two things that the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG hasn't been lacking in its short time in existence: more power and more letters in its name. But for 2013, Mercedes gave its AMG supercar more of both courtesy of the 583-horsepower SLS AMG GT, and while we've already covered the Coupe, Electric Drive and the 2014 Black Series versions this year, I recently got to spend the better part of a week driving the droptop Roadster model.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!