Mercedes-Benz has big plans for its new front-drive architecture. It's already rolled out the A-Class hatchback, B-Class minivan, GLA crossover and CLA four-door coupe. It's not about to stop there, but according to the latest reports, it won't go that much further, either.
Is the rumored little roadster from BMW on track for a 2011 debut? Auto Motor und Sport seems to think so. They even have a rendering by renowned artist Mark Stehrenberger to prove it. If we are to believe the rumors, the BMW Z2 should be closer to what the original Z3 was. That is, more of an entry level roadster to compete with the premium versions of the Mazda MX-5, compared to the more upscale Z4 that just debuted, which is more of a Porsche Boxster rival.
- Spy shots that automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!