Putting a bank of batteries into the Mercedes-Benz S-Class is not a new idea – the S500 Vision Plug-in Hybrid concept was unveiled in Frankfurt in 2009, after all – but actually adding a cord to a production version sure is – at least in public. We don't know how long Daimler has been considering making a plug-in hybrid version of the S-Class, but Australian media outlets are reporting that such a vehicle was accidentally disclosed during a recent presentation in Germany.
Mercedes S Class Plug In Hybrid
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX