Click above for high-res gallery of Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 S Roadster
Mercedes Mclaren Slr 722
Mercedes' uber sports car, the McLaren SLR 722 GT, has been caught at the 'ring undergoing final testing for the 20-odd cars that are expected to be delivered to a very lucky few early next year. A pre-production model was spotted at the start of the month in Germany and this is likely to be the same car seen here.
We know that Mercedes used the SLR 722 badge on the SLR McLaren 722 Edition to honor the 1955 Mille Miglia-winning Mercedes-Benz 300SLR of Stirling Moss and Denis Jenkinson, but still. That car, wearing a big "722" on the doors, which indicated their 7:22am start time, managed to beat the favored Porsches and Ferraris back in the day. But people see a 722 on the label and somehow 650 hp doesn't seem good enough. Enter, supertuner Renntech.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX